Policy Term and Conditions
Looking at the fine print of what your homeowners policy is obligated to do for you in case of a peril is an important part of understanding your policy, but looking at what you’re required to do for them is even more so.
A homeowner’s policy will require terms for you to comply with and it’s important that you do in order to ensure that a potential claim will be approved if need be.
Common terms of a homeowner’s policy include things like maintaining your property, security requirements, safety features demands, and more. Read the fine print before signing a policy and make sure you keep yourself updated and educated about any changes to the terms and conditions on a regular basis, a good practice to adopt for all parts of your policy as well.
We understand that keeping in the know about your insurance company and your policy is time consuming so here are a few ways that you can cut down on that time:
- Ask your agent to notify you about any changes to your insurance company’s policies (but don’t rely solely on him/her).
- Set up email alerts to notify you of topics that pertain to you and your policy
- Look online regularly to stay abreast of any news that is relevant to your coverage.
- If your insurance company has a newsletter, sign up for it and read it thoroughly
- Follow your insurance company’s and any related company’s social media posts and request to see them in your news feeds
An insurance adjuster’s job is to propose settlements with as little pay-out to the claimant as possible. Your job is to make sure that amount is what you actually deserve. An educated consumer is a protected one. Review the terms and conditions of your policy today!